We’re looking for talent.
While Academy Of Mine is passionate about eLearning, we’re also passionate about finding talented employees.
We are a small, yet dedicated team who value hard work and innovation. Dependent on the specific role and business needs, we are open to both part-time and full-time availability.
While we have team members globally and the right candidate could work remotely, we prefer talent local to us (Cherry Hill, NJ, USA) and availability to work during Eastern Standard Time.
To support our eLearning clients, we are always looking for experienced Instructional Design talent. This position offers the opportunity to work with clients across a spectrum of eLearning spaces and with a wide variety of eLearning content.
If you have a background in Instructional Design, we would love to hear from you; please be sure to include your resume and portfolio in your email.
Web Application Development
We are a small team and build custom web applications for Ed Tech industry. Mostly Software As a Service (SAAS). We are looking to ideally hire a full-time Web Application Development employee but willing to work with interns or part-time candidates to start with.
Ideally, you should be someone who:
- Has US Citizenship or is a Permanent Resident. We cannot sponsor visas at this time.
- Must work out of our Cherry Hill, NJ office. Remote is not an option in the beginning but we are happy to offer 1-2 days of remote per week after a satisfactory initial period.
- 0-3 years of professional experience in the software industry. Any interest in Education and Edtech is a huge plus.
- Ideally has a Computer Science degree but we understand that degrees are not everything. If you can get things done, that matters more.
- Understands how websites and web applications work including things like Request/Response cycle, DNS, etc. We need candidates who understand the why and not just the how/what.
- Can hand-code a web page in HTML, CSS
- Be able to build web applications from scratch using PHP (or other languages but we use PHP primarily). Experience with CMS like WordPress or frameworks like Laravel is highly preferred as we use those stacks.
- Experience with Linux based Operating Systems and server setup is a huge plus.
- Cloud services experience including AWS, DigitalOcean and/or Vultr to setup VPS and manage websites/web apps.
- Respond to customer support tickets and help resolve issues. Escalate to Senior Developer if needed.
- Help with nonprogramming tasks including project management, functional/technical documentation.
- Ability to work with remote teams (we have some team members that work remotely).
What is in it for you:
- Base Salary of $40,000/Year if full-time or $25/Hour if part-time on a 1099 basis.
- Discretionary Year End bonus up to $20,000 based on Company Performance.
- Be part of a small, bootstrapped but profitable Software Company. We want to create the best software company in South Jersey. Really.
- Potential equity after 12 months of satisfactory employment. If we are great fits for each other, we will be happy to offer some equity after you have been with us for at least a year.
- Ability to work from home 1-2 days a week after the initial 3 months.
If you think you would be a good fit, please send us an email at email@example.com (resume attached) and tell us why.
Have something else you bring to the table and think we’d be a good fit? Send us an email.