LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
If you’re going to start an online course you’re going to need a Learning Management System (LMS) to offer your course on. Your Learning Management System acts as the framework to help you grade, assess, manage and administer the educational process.
In this podcast, we’ll discuss how course vendors who are just starting out selling courses online can identify the things they need their LMS to do before they even start looking for a software solution. As we’ll discuss, sometimes all you need is the digital equivalent of 2 chairs and a table! Near the end of the podcast, we even walk you through a Learning Management System in a step by step manner to help you see the functioning parts from a student’s perspective.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How even small course sellers can get their course up on a high quality online course software for free or just a few dollars a day.
- Why the democratization of teaching and education is great for everyone.
- How to stop exchanging time for money for your teaching services and streamline the teaching process using the power of the internet.
- How lifelong learning is changing the way we need to think about our relationship to students.
- How to increase your earning potential as an “educational entrepreneur” by offering your courses online rather than in the real world.
- And lastly, you’re going to learn about the most popular functions of an LMS and see them in action!
SHOW NOTES: THINGS WE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Academy Of Mine Demo Site
12 Best Free Learning Management Systems (LMS) for 2014
Difference Between LMS (Learning Management System) and CMS (Course Management System)
Learning Management System Comparison
Written transcript of this episode
LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: ONLY ONE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE
One thing we don’t touch on in this episode, which is really important for eCourse sellers to understand, is that an LMS is only one piece of the puzzle for entrepreneurial minded educators. In fact, if you’re going to be selling courses online, your Learning Management System is actually going to be a pretty small piece of that puzzle. You’re going to need eCommerce tools, affiliate tools, content marketing tools, SEO monitoring tools and much more. The LMS is the software required for learning. However, without the sales tools mentioned above, you’ll have no students to teach or show off your fancy Learning Management System to.
If you fall into the category of need an “all-in-one” solution which includes not only teaching and learning tools, but also selling and marketing tools then you might want to check out our video below which explores how Academy of Mine addresses this issue.